Thursday, December 24, 2009

Gift: Book of Tags

I have family members who never put tags on the gifts they bring. Going to a Baby or Bridal Shower is always ridiculous! "My gift is the one with out a tag" but when three or four people say that, ugh. I'm not asking for the tags to match the gift wrap, simply to put who the gift is from.


But this Christmas I decided to make tags for all those 'non-taggers'.


But how to gift them? So they're cute, easy to see, convenient? Oh a Book of Tags!

Find a cheap photo album with inserts (I bought one from the dollar store with 20 pages in it) I could make four books with that! Take the pages out, trim 12 x 12 paper slightly larger than pages, sew down the left side to make a "bound" book. Make sure when stitching on paper you set the stitches to wide (otherwise the paper falls off - experience). Attach some buttons (I sewed mine on by hand with embroidery floss) attach more floss to back with a brad or button and leave room to wind around front button and hang a little so you can attach your tag.






This one had sewing machine trouble. So I covered it up with some flowers and added the brads to make sure the book was secure.


Different styles - the ribbon on disguises some of my mistakes - the brads work just great too!



Oh the paper is Making Memories. The tag is cut from the leftovers of the same paper after I cut the book - and it's two sided so it's pretty when you open the book or turn over the tag. And of course I got them "on the cheap" (a 25 pack for $2.99 - that's .12 a piece)












The backs.
TOTAL COST OF BOOKS:
Paper - .12
(3) Brads - .12
(2) Buttons - .04
Embroidery Floss - .05
(5) Photo Inserts - .25
Total - $0.58

And once the tags get used, the recipients can always use these little books as photo albums!

See my TAGS posting to see what I put in each pocket.

3 comments:

  1. cute I like it, I like the blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got one of your giftbooks of tags, and I LOVED them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a clever idea! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete